If you are younger then18y, please, leave!

If you are younger then18y, please, leave!

Please, read!

Warning!
In this blog you can find immages (mostly drawings) that can be disturbing and not acceptable to view for everyone. It is only fantasy and has no connection with reality. But, in any case, if you think you might feel upset by these creations, please, LEAVE!
The same rule for minors - if you are under legal age, please, leave this blog!

sobota 1. října 2011

Saint Sebastian

Saint Sebastian has been my biggest inspiration so far. I have had many fantasies - alternations of his story.. There are many aspects of his martyrdom that thrill me... Though the end of his life isn't as thrilling as one might think. According to Legenda Aurea, he was cured by some women (including St. Irene) and he went to see the emperor again just to be sentenced to be clubbed to death (this time he really died) and was thrown to Cloaca Maxima - Rome's biggest sewer.
Artists seem to ignore this fact (or maybe not - you can't judge from their works) and they depict this young, athletic hero in their paintings and drawings most often tied to a column, pole or a tree trunk, almost naked and pierced with one, few or many arrows.
Pietro and Antonio Pollaiuolo
Andrea Mantegna
That is the immage, that has haunted me ever since I first saw it. Andrea Mantega was the one who made the biggest impression on me... so I tried to copy him at the beginning and later I started to draw my own Sebastian...




Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat